Watson is Ontario's premier supplier of building materials and our Belleville location is looking for a highly motivated individual for the position of Delivery Driver (DZ or AZ). The Delivery Driver is responsible for the safe operation of a commercial vehicle and the transportation and delivery of building materials to customer job sites.
Location - 130 Adam St Belleville ON
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform circle-checks and complete logbook entries
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and servicing
- Verify load security and accuracy
- Communicate professionally with customers, co-workers, and other trades on job sites
- Maintain contact with dispatch and work to resolve issues as they arise
- Prepare trucks for reloading and assist warehouse staff as needed
- Transport loads safely following the rules of the road and representing the company to the highest standards
- Deliver materials to the assigned area as directed by the customer while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Follow all regulations, company policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Valid driver’s license (DZ or AZ class) with a minimum three years of experience and a clean driver’s abstract
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Basic hand tool skills
- Completion of high school preferred
- Physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100lbs
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Frequently climbing up and down stairs
- Pulling, pushing, bending and torso twisting movements to transfer building materials between truck and job site
- Wages - $24.50- $25.50
- Bonus - eligible for a monthly competitive piece work bonus on top of base hourly pay (conditions apply)
- Health benefits including drug coverage, practitioner, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement savings (pension or other)
- Perks - Company discounts (mobile phone, gym membership, etc.), training programs and opportunities for career advancement, group events, and more
If you feel Watson is a good fit for your career goals and skillset, we invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your application. As part of the GMS Inc. family of companies, you can launch your career with a North American building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement.
We will be the Premier distributor in every market we serve through embracing our unique Culture and professional humanity.
We create opportunities, build significant relationships and deliver solutions.
Our Core Values:
1. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference.
2. We invest in relationships and every person is important.
3. Our highest priority is serving others.
4. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence.
5. We believe you can never go wrong, doing the right thing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.50-$25.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person