Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting site visits, measurements, inspections, and structural assessments.
- Completion of engineering designs, reports, and drawings.
- Provide project management for assigned projects including attending meetings with clients, municipalities, and authorities/ governing bodies.
- Review codes and standards as they relate to a given project.
- Produce technical reports, design briefs, and cost estimate documents.
- Work in a collaborative, team-based environment, with respect to all company policies and procedures.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with a specific knowledge of structures.
- 0-6 years of experience in structural engineering related to wood, steel, and concrete.
- Design experience with projects such as custom houses, concrete foundations for steel structures and pre-engineered structures preferred.
- Driven and self motivated.
- Experience in field reports and site condition assessments preferred.
- Experience with Ontario Building Code with part 4 and part 9 would be considered an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD for design required.
- Knowledge of Sap2000, MASS, and REVIT an asset.
- Must be familiar with standard Microsoft software and general computer use.
- G license preferred; G2 minimum requirement.
Does this sound like you? If you answered yes, please submit a resume and cover letter marked Attention: Alexandra Bell, Office Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000-$55,000 annually