INSTRUCTOR: Part-time to Full-time
Safety Guys Workplace Safety Trainers is currently seeking a safety instructor. We are passionate about what we do and seek individuals who share that same passion. Our approved trainers must desire more than a pay cheque, they must be driven to provide excellent customer service and safety training that exceeds industry standards. While experience is preferred (as detailed below), preference will be given to a candidate that posses what we call the “X” factor - an easygoing personality, a sense of humour, the ability to put students at ease and the innate ability to work as part of team.
This is part-time position with potential for full time. While the majority of work may be conducted in the Belleville and Kingston areas, the successful candidate must be willing to travel to other locations such as Ottawa and Toronto. As such, candidates must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
Safety Guys has been in operation since 2007 and now operates from two locations in Kingston and Belleville. To familiarize yourself with our company and what we provide, please review our website at www.safetyguystraining.com.
- Preference is given to individuals with a minimum of five years experience in a related trade.
- Must be a confident and charismatic public speaker.
- Must be diligent and organized.
- Must be committed and passionate about occupational health and safety in general, and specifically about working safely at heights.
- Must be at ease relating and communicating with students of different backgrounds including, but not limited to: education, work experience, age, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disabilities.
- Must be create positive learning environments
An instructor representing Safety Guys:
- is knowledgeable about the content of our programs;
- adheres to the instructional design
- communicates expected learning outcomes
- models positive attitudes towards learning;
- creates a safe and positive learning environment;
- asks learners for feedback;
- employs a variety of instructional techniques;
- uses personal protective equipment or other equipment in accordance with the legislative requirements and the approved training program;
- models respectful and professional behaviour; and
- resolves and addresses any learner’s inappropriate behaviours promptly and respectfully.
Please submit all inquiries and resumes to Brenda Van Belle: Brenda@safetyguystraining.com