Ontario Truss & Wall (OTW) is a locally operated, top quality Truss and Wall Designer and Manufacturer. Founded in 1982, OTW has been a staple in the local construction industry for over 35 years. Quality, Design and Precision has allowed OTW to efficiently grow year over year, which requires a growing team. The current opportunity at OTW is a Production Supervisor, with various responsibilities surrounding supervising day-to-day production operations, including supervising material flow, manufacturing processes and team member activities.
The successful candidate will have experience in plant and personnel supervision, proven ability to effectively manage an ever growing and changing production team, comfortable with using computer systems, including but not limited to excel, word, production and flow programming, and proactive problem solving to ensure tomorrow’s problems are addressed today.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team.
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits
- Incentive Plan based on Production Output & Efficiency
- Full time position, Monday to Friday (Days), Occasional Weekends, as required.
- Daily supervision of team member activities
- Providing Leadership and supervision to staff through work direction, performance feedback, and recommendations for training and development.
- Liaison between management and production team members to promote a positive relationship between the two groups
- Accountable for ensuring operational and performance targets are met or exceeded, including production output, cost of labour, and on time delivery
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with Workplace Safety & Occupational Health legislation and reinforce safe working requirements and practices, as well as safe operation of plant equipment
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, and all relevant legislative requirements
- Ensuring on time production of manufactured Trusses, Floor Systems and Prefabricated Walls
- Pro-active problem solving, foreseeing issues in production before they occur, continuously striving for process improvements and operating efficiencies
- Set a positive example for all production staff, providing leadership towards meeting Company production, financial, and strategic goals and objectives
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Production Supervisor (or equivalent)
- Experience with Truss/Wood Working Equipment is considered an asset
- Works well with minimal management intervention
- Lean Manufacturing Leader
- 5S or Six-Sigma program certificates considered and asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organizational skills and Attention to Detail
- Flexible to support where needed
- Valid drivers license
- Strong work ethic and positive Team attitude
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- production supervisor: 5 years (Required)