To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
Position: Water Heater Installer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Reliance Home Comfort is proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2016!
The importance of culture in driving our success has long been endorsed internally at Reliance – it is our Home Team Advantage. Congratulations to our team members for living our guiding principles with a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and an unwavering focus on customer service.
Our “Better is Better” culture has inspired us to offer a Team Member Technical Training Assistance Program. We are proud to support our Team Members by offering tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave above employment insurance while they further their education. Join our team today!
Click here to discover why our Team Members are Proud to be Reliance – and why you will be too.
Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership offers essential home services to customers across Canada keeping homeowners warm in the winter, cool in the summer and with an endless supply of hot water.
Reliance is a $600 million business today having doubled in size over the last 5 years. The Reliance portfolio consists of over 1.7 million residential rental assets in Ontario and is North America’s largest portfolio of rental water heaters. It is also Canada’s largest heating and cooling company. What has remained core to the business in our fast growing company is the continual development of strong customer relationships and loyalty, and investment in team members and systems necessary to cost-effectively and efficiently manage the business.
Past performance and future plans demonstrate that the business is doing the right things in its quest to become the destination of choice in its vertical by offering consumers products and services they want and value. The organization is well positioned to continue to out-perform others in a competitive marketplace.
Primary Mission: You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with customers as you professionally install equipment in their homes
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call; you are a proud ambassador for our company.
- Professionally install water heater and tankless equipment and accessory items in accordance with manufacturer specifications, local codes and company standards
- The replacement or repair of leaking water heaters, and maintenance of HVAC equipment
- Ensuring personal and customer safety
- Providing superior customer service (i.e. execution of “The Right Call” process)
- Creating positive customer relations through effective communication and problem solving
- Educating customers, providing options and making recommendations
- Actively participating in the training and mentoring of new installers
- Other duties, as assigned by management
- Explain, educate and promote the value of Reliance’s products, services and programs on every call.
- Contribute to business growth by lead generation
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must meet Company requirements with respect to general qualifications.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician II license.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- Diagnostic and HVAC maintenance skills for residential equipment.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position,(i.e. frequent lifting of weight of 25 kg, occasionally up to 50kg, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery).
- In addition, ability to lift and maneuver water heaters with the assistance of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/electricity).
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills.
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Maintain company vehicle to neat clean and safe standard (where applicable).
- Ability to take direction and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with tankless and water heater installation.
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required, including weekends.
- Training will be provided
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.