Position Title: Project Manager
Employment Term: Temporary Full Time Contract to July 12, 2022
The QHBA is seeking an experienced Project Manager who can manage its one-stop-shop construction skilled trades website project from concept to completion. The successful candidate for this position will have digital, web project management skills and expertise. The Project Manager will be responsible for creating milestone schedules, drafting delivery policies, managing and coordinating steering committee directives, working with a contracted web consultant, focus groups and other stakeholders, data reporting and technical summary reports for management and funders. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual who can ensure that the project is completed on time, and at, or under budget. This is a term contract from July 2021 – July 2022 with an opportunity for continuation if the project remains viable and should additional funding become available. If you are a detail-oriented individual, with project management experience and expertise, and finishing projects on time/within budget gets you excited, then this may be the perfect role for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the design/development of new website projects and ongoing website maintenance & enhancements
- Manage overall project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule and scope
- Act as a liaison between web consultant and the QHBA, Steering Committee and all other stakeholders/partners, assisting in building the RFP for the site creation, development and design.
- Act as the point of contact for clients, site visitors, community partners and member businesses related to all aspects of the project.
- Prepare comprehensive, detailed project RFP’s, action plans, including resources, time frames and project milestones.
- Develop and implement ongoing strategies to connect with clients, site visitors, community partners and member businesses to obtain insight, feedback and provide responses to questions, suggestions, etc. throughout the project.
- Assist in establishing, managing, and coordinating steering committee directives
- Establish Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreements with community partners to assist in distribution and promotion of the site/project
- Engage employers, community partners and the public through communication plans, presentations, phone calls, online meetings and in-person engagement where feasible.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties such as maintaining project documentation and all financial records.
- Prepare updates and reporting (as outlined in the master funding agreement) on the status and milestone checkpoints of the project.
- Assist in project promotion and other duties, as required.
- Knowledge, Education, & Experience Required
- Undergraduate University Degree or College Diploma in a related field (eg Project Management)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in digital project management, or in a related discipline, or a combination of appropriate education and experience is an asset.
- Solid organizational and reporting abilities with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and executing to tight deadlines.
- Strong client-facing (internal and external) communication skills.
- Experience conducting presentations to various stakeholders; including but not limited to community organizations and the public, would be an asset.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of digital & social media, web development and design, Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and platforms such as MailChimp, Canva, Survey Monkey
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and adapt to growth and change
- High degree of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with internal colleagues and external clients at all levels of management
The QHBA is the voice of the residential construction industry in the Bay of Quinte region. We are a network of more than 140 member builders, developers, engineers, suppliers, trade contractors, financial and industry related service professionals in the region. QHBA members have been developing, building and transforming communities throughout the Quinte Region for more than 60 years.
Employment Equity We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
We thank all those who apply, however only candidates deemed to be qualified for this position will be contacted.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to CEO at email@example.com
Apply by: August 6, 2021